Church History Gems: Honoring the Pioneers  

Posted by Craig Conover

Gems on Church History
Honoring the Pioneers
---------------------------------------------------
"It is not enough to study or reenact the accomplishments of our pioneers. We need to identify the great, eternal principles they applied to achieve all they achieved for our benefit and then apply those principles to the challenges of our day. In that way we honor their pioneering efforts, and we also reaffirm our heritage and strengthen its capacity to bless our own posterity and those millions of our Heavenly Father's children who have yet to hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are all pioneers in doing so."

Topic: Pioneers, heritage

(Dallin H. Oaks, "Following the Pioneers," Ensign, Nov. 1997, 72)

1 comments

Anonymous   says 6/15/2009 1:59 PM

ldslistings.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Categories

About This Site

This is an archive of LDS quotes. Many are archived from the Daily Gems and others are from my own study. Those from my own study will start with "My ... " (Ex. My Quotes, My BofM) and include scriptures I like and quotes from the prophets and will usually have my commentary as well. If you have a quote that you would like posted on this site then send me an email with the quote. I would love for this to be a large database of quotes that all who would like can come and feast upon the words of the Prophets. cconover2@gmail.com

Popular Posts


View My Stats
Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
Look in: Dictionary & thesaurus
Computing Dictionary
Medical Dictionary
Legal Dictionary
Financial Dictionary
Acronyms
Idioms
Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Columbia Encyclopedia
Periodicals
Literature
by: